From Humble Beginnings
God has richly blessed our congregation, and we are excited about the opportunities that He is presenting for us to reach out and serve the rapidly growing Lake Oconee community. Our Lord's Great Commission, is "to go and make disciples." Through His grace, many disciples have been added to the Lake Oconee Church in our brief history.
- 1996 - Pastor John Kinser began Lake Oconee Presbyterian Church - (PCA). Six families began to meet in home fellowship Bible study groups. Sunday evening service began in the gazebo at Reynolds Plantation in the fall.
- 1997 - As we grew, we moved into the clubhouse at Sebastian Cove in the spring. By summer, God provided our third church home of 2,000 square feet of leased space in the new Lake Oconee Park I. Also, God led us to a 36-acre tract of land for a future permanent ministry and worship center.
- 1998 - A growing congregation moved into our fourth home in Lake Oconee Park II. We called a Pastor for Evangelism and Outreach.
- 1999, May 16th - The PCA "Service of Organization" was held.
- 1999 - We called a Youth Pastor.
- 2000 - John Kinser announced plans to begin a new church in Madison, Georgia. In October, Dr. Joe King became our new Pastor. He, his wife Nancy, and daughter Meredith joined us from Asheville, N.C.
- 2001 - In January, we moved to our fifth location with 7,500 square feet of dedicated ministry and worship space at Lake Oconee Professional Office Park
- 2002 - In September, a groundbreaking ceremony was held for the permanent church home.
- 2003 - In September, we had our building dedication and first Morning Worship Celebration in our new church home. Our present sanctuary seats 400 for worship and is approximately 19,500 square feet. It is phase one of three phases.
- 2012 - In October our Senior Pastor Joe King accepted the position of Senior Pastor at Ingleside Presbyterian Church in Lawrenceville, GA.
- 2014 - LOPC began the process of searching for a Senior Pastor through a Pastoral Search Committee.
- 2015 - In May, there was a congregational meeting and a vote to call Pastor Sam Smith as Senior Pastor. Sam began his position in August.